Thursday, August 19, 2010

The slippery slope to....hoarding?

So I saw that show Hoarders the other night. And usually I am appalled at the filth these people are living in. But in this episode they actually showed someone that was "clean" but was just being buried by her stuff. This made me take a look around at my house, and the clutter that seems to be slowly overtaking all the available space. And I got a bit scared...is this where I am heading...is this how it starts? I mean those people weren't always that bad...it had to start somewhere and progress from there. right?!?  For a moment I couldn't breathe. I have to STOP now...I have to start purging!! My children deserve to grow up in a normal house, they need space to play and I don't want them to be embarrassed to bring their friends home...

I am not sure how I got to this point...I am still trying to figure that out...but I must keep this from progressing any further!!  I don't want to be that person...

No comments:

Post a Comment