Saturday, October 2, 2010

So no news is bad news....

So my lack of recent posts is a bad thing..I have fallen off the proverbial wagon so to speak and landed myself in a mess of bargain shopping. But I am ready to start anew...

I am in the process of slowing going through my family and my belongings and cleaning house. Selling what may be worth something, and donating all else that is no longer needed here. I have an appointment to consign some clothing. Thought that might be a way to make back some money. I recently sold a ton of things at a children's consignment sale, and made a good amount of money, however I think the burn out from the prep and purging of belongings may have set off my most recent shopping binge. So I need to regroup and figure out how not to rebound from major purging.

Getting rid of my things is HARD....much harder than it should be...plus I have suffered some remorse over letting a few things go..so from now on I am trying to focus on the end Goal more to help justify the process.

The Goal being making the purchase of a new home in the next two years before my oldest starts school. Want our children to be able to attend a great school, which necessitates moving to a better school district and that is more important than anything I might buy. So that will be my major motivation.

The first step is going to remove all spending potential from my wallet with the exception of a limited predetermined amount of cash and then keeping said cash in an envelope with a picture of a house and my goal written on it. This should make me think before spending any cash from that envelope.

The second step is going to be keeping myself busy enough so their is no time to go shopping.

The third will be working on a budget and a meal plan..but more on that in later posts..

No comments:

Post a Comment